Our Green Business Charter
Bartle Hall Hotel is a family run business that is committed to working in a safe and environmentally friendly way. As a business we are aware it’s our duty to continuously strive to make the environment safer and cleaner, our goal is to run our business in a way that has the least amount of impact on the environment as possible.
& book online
Bartle Hall Hotel Environmental Policy
Bartle Hall will highlight environmental issues to raise awareness with all our customers, employees, suppliers and neighbours.
To help do this we have established a ‘Green Team’ that comprises of staff members from departments across the business to lead and implement new ideas and working practices.
Our commitments have and will include:
- Complying with the governments environmental legislation and approved codes of practice.
- Continuously seeking to improve our environmental and social performance.
- Reducing chemical consumption and waste.
- Reducing the use of energy, water and non-recyclable materials.
- Raising awareness, encouraging participation and training employees in sustainable business practices.
- Communicating with suppliers and contractors for similar environmental standards and ideas.
- Assisting customers to use products, services and travel in an environmentally sensitive way.
- Liaising with the local community to raise environmental awareness.
- Minimising of risks associated with social and environmental issues.
- Limiting the noise within and around the site.
- Increasing the use of recyclable and renewable materials.
- Implementing new practices to increase wild life population.
- We have installed a large proportion of low energy and long life light bulbs.
- All heating and hot water system are regularly maintained and set at optimum comfort and energy consumption levels.
- We recycle paper, cardboard, glass, batteries and cooking oils.
- We have formed a Green Team which investigates and initiates ways to reduce energy and wastage from hotel operations and to increase recycling.
- We use local trade’s people and companies for property maintenance and operation.
- Joining the Green Tourism Business Scheme as an indicator of our sustainable practices.
We would like to ask for your help and support, please fill in your comments slip with any suggestions that you think could make us a ‘Greener’ venue.
Useful links to being Green
Green Tourism Business Scheme
Railway Time Table
Green Tourism Business Scheme
The Green Tourism Business Scheme
The GTBS is the leading sustainable tourism certification scheme in the UK, with over 1400 members. Businesses opting to join are assessed by a qualified grading advisor against a rigorous set of criteria, covering a range of areas, like energy and water efficiency, waste management, biodiversity and more.
Businesses that meet the required standard, receive a Bronze, Silver, or Gold award based on their level of achievement. The current network of members is comprised of a wide range of business types, including accommodation providers, visitor attractions, corporate offices and others.
The Green Tourism Business Scheme website has details and links to our members, partners and destinations. There is also information on the criteria, case studies, news, and background to the scheme.
See the Green Tourism Business Scheme website.
Are you a Green Visitor?
At Bartle Hall Hotel we are aware that making ‘Smarter’ choices can help reduce negative effects on the environment. As a guest we ask for your help in becoming a more environmentally friendly business.
Tips to help become a greener guest at Bartle Hall Hotel
- Please switch off the lights when leaving your room
- Close windows when the heating is in use
- Only use the amount of water required when boiling the kettle
- If charging electrical equipment, please unplug once charged
Give the Car a Rest
- Leave the car behind, if only for a day
- When at Bartle Hall Hotel with colleagues, share a vehicle
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Please leave any cardboard, glass or broken electrical items by the bin in the bedroom for housekeeping to recycle
- Be Water Wise
- Please use water wisely
- Turning the tap off while brushing your teeth saves water
- Have a shower instead of a bath
- Use footpaths responsibly
- Help us look after the wildlife and landscape by not littering
Supporting Green Tourism Businesses
There are hundreds of businesses trying to reduce their carbon footprint and impact on the environment through the Green Tourism Business Scheme (GTBS). Businesses are awarded Bronze, Silver or Gold for their efforts to be more environmentally friendly and mindful of the effects that their business has on the environment. See www.green-business.co.uk for more information.